Amy Tryon Young Rider's Grant
AVAILABLE THROUGH THE GENEROSITY OF:
Donations of Friends and Family in the Memory of Amy Tryon
The 2018 Amy Tryon Fund Grant is designed to assist riders who require financial assistance to pursue their goal of training for and/or competing in an international event. The grant is available to riders from the year of their 14th birthday through the year of their 21st birthday. Riders who have represented the United States on a senior international team are ineligible.
Applications must adhere to the following guidelines.
1. Area Young Riders must complete the online application form and include links to competition videos of all three phases.
2. Applications will be submitted to the Area Young Riders’ Coordinator and a nominee will be chosen by the Area Selection Committee.
3. Nominations should include a letter of recommendation from your coach or someone who familiar with your riding career and should address your potential in pursuing your competitive goals.
4. Please upload a copy of your USEA event results or any other material (newspaper or web articles) you believe will support your application.
CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH AN APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
1. Any application arriving after the due date.
2. Any incomplete application.
This Grant is restricted to individuals meeting the following requirements:
1. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen who must have successfully completed a CIC1*.
2. Applicant must have a successful competitive record and be involved with USEA Area Young Riders’ program.
3. Applicants must submit their plan for the coming year’s competition schedule that includes a CCI1* or an international three-day event of a higher degree of difficulty.
4. Applicant must be between 14 - 21 years of age.
5. Applicant must keep records of how the grant is used.
6. This Grant is not to be used to pay pre-existing expenses.